Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brave Derek

Last week Derek had minor surgery and he was great! Here he is in his hospital gown getting ready to go into surgery. He was all smiles...well, until after the surgery when he woke up. But overall, he was a brave little guy. Everything went really well and the recovery has been extremely smooth. He was up and jumping around within a couple of hours after we got home. It seemed to be pretty easy for him. It was probaly hardest on me. Yes, I was being as strong as possible but nobody likes to see their child have to go through any kind of surgery, even if it is minor.
Derek is doing great and back to his talkative, dancing self. We love our brave Derek!!!

8 comments:

Brian and Courtni said...

glad that he is doing so well -- fun to talk to you last week...can't wait to talk in person :-)

The Headrick Family said...

So glad that he is doing well. It is amazing how quickly they can recover, and how much anxiety it causes us. Hope you guys are good.

Ashley said...

I'm glad it went so smoothly! He seemed good as new today. I forgot to even ask how it went! When we got in the car to leave, Charlie protested saying "MORE DEREK!" I love it.

J and L said...

I didn't know Derek was having surgery! Well, I'm glad that all went well and that he's feeling better!

Angie said...

What was the surgery for? I'm so glad it went well.

Christine Ryan said...

Glad everything went well. What did have done?

Jill said...

Derek had a hernia. I guess it is quite common for little 2 year olds.

pramod negi said...


I would like to thank you for the efforts you've made in writing this posting. I'm hoping the same very best function from you inside future too.
Last Minute Flights to South

Africa